New Year's Resolutions for 2010
First of all, let me start by explaining that 2010 is NOT the first year of a new decade. It is the LAST year of an old decade. So, we have to get through at least one more year of the worst decade since the 1930's. There was no year 0, so the first decade was the ten years of 1 to 10. So, first year of a decade always ends in a 1, and the last year of a decade ends in a 0. Don't blame me for the confusion - blame Pope Gregory XIII. An explanation can be found here (Warning - this linked page uses math).
So, here are my resolutions for 2010:
1. Lose weight. I am around 40 pounds heavier now than I was a year ago. Around June 1st I was still close enough to 200 that I vowed to reach that weight by Ethan's birthday (September 2nd). I failed. So, eat less, exercise more, eat smarter. (This is probably the number 1 resolution made in the US).
2. Complete a meds holiday. The medications I use to control headaches get less effective over time, so I have to take larger and larger doses. To counter that, I have to take medication holidays (funny word, that - it's no holiday) so that my body adjusts to a lower amount. This will probably take me through March.
3. Blog more. I have been blogging at about the rate I planned for Theme & Variations, but I've let this one slide. So, I gotta write more, and get more readers.
4. Sit more. My meditation practice has essentially stopped. I've got to get back to the cushions. I should probably do some of this at the Shambhala Center, as meditation is always better in a group.
5. Spend more time with Ethan. #2 makes that difficult, but I'll do what I can.
Looks pretty good, nothing too outrageous. Wish me luck!
Music in my head:, oddly, Speedball Tucker, by Jim Croce. Go figure.